The Lawyer's Guide to the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
Format: Print Length
Publisher: LexisNexis; 2 edition (December 2, 2015)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 5.9 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
This all-inclusive guide contains a wealth of information you'll need to practice successfully in this area of law. Annual updates ensure that The Lawyer's Guide to the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act is the most up-to-date compilation of research on this subject. Recent decisions emphasize the wide range of remedies available under the Act, including the award of attorneys' fees.
The Lawyer's Guide to the Deceptive Trade Practices Act is the most thorough reference of its kind. A few of the many topics covered include:
• "Incidental" versus "intended" beneficiaries
• How the Act applies to a "personal injuries" claim
• Liability of, and defenses available to, "professionals"
• Availability of damages for "economic loss" and "mental anguish"
• Multiple damages for conduct found to be commmitted "knowingly" or "intentionally"
• The Texas Residential Construction Commission Act (RCCA) and the Residential Construction Liability Act (RCLA) and their relation to the Texas DTPA
• Class action suits, warranties, settlement and attorneys' fees.
After consulting The Lawyer's Guide to the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, complexities related to the Act become understandable. Your consumer law practice will benefit from clear, concise explanations of the law. The guide contains useful legal analysis as well as functional practice advice to steer your Texas consumer law practice toward success.