Structuring Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Leading Lawyers on Facilitating Successful Deals and Contracts That Meet Client Needs (Inside the Minds)
Publisher: West, Aspatore Books (July 1, 2011)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 9.5 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Structuring Commercial Real Estate Transactions provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for navigating the real estate transaction process. Featuring experienced real estate attorneys from around the country, this book reveals practical and proven strategies for breaking down complex contracts and offering clients cost-effective solutions. From planning a project and evaluating financing options to compiling a thorough checklist and handling negotiations, these top lawyers give tips on counseling clients before, during, and after the transaction. Additionally, these leaders analyze how recent trends and the volatile economic situation are impacting real estate transactions and the practice area as a whole. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this intricate field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Shari B. Olefson, Shareholder, Fowler White Boggs PA - "The Realities of Practicing Commercial Real Estate Transaction Law Today"
2. Joel D. Rubin, Partner and Co-Chair, Institutional Real Estate Group, Seyfarth Shaw LLP - "Understanding the Complexities of the Real Estate Transaction Process"
3. Alfred M. Meyerson, Partner, Thompson & Knight LLP - "Practical Aspects of Commercial Real Estate Transactions"
4. Kevin J. Connolly, Shareholder, Anderson Kill & Olick PC - "Legal Issues Associated with Integrated Construction Contracting"
5. Jane B. Morgan, Member, Watkins & Eager PLLC - "Tactics for Facilitating Successful Real Estate Transactions"
6. Kwame A. Benjamin, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP - "Implementing Successful Commercial Real Estate Strategies"
7. Dennis M. Horn, Partner and Co-Chair, District of Columbia Practice Group, Holland & Knight LLP - "Are We Headed Into "Seven Fat Years"?: What Real Estate Lawyers Can Expect for the Future"
Appendix A: Critical Dates Schedule
Appendix B: Commercial Real Estate Contract Form
Appendix C: Allonge Blank Form
Appendix D: Bill of Sale Form
Appendix E: Assignment of Mortgage and Other Loan Documents
Appendix F: Warranty Deed Form
Appendix G: Seller Affidavit Form
Appendix H: Due Diligence Disposition Checklist
Appendix I: General Checklist for Construction
Appendix J: Owner's Checklist for Responding to New York Mechanics' Liens
Appendix K: Loan Closing Checklist
Appendix L: Statutory Acknowledgment Forms
Appendix M: Early Access Agreement Form
Appendix N: Due Diligence Checklist
Appendix O: Real Property Purchase Agreement
Appendix P: Sample Closing Checklist