Getting Help: The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Self-Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Problems
Format: Print Length
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications; 1 edition (February 2, 2007)
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 7.7 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
A Complete, Definitive Guide to Mental Health Care
Do you have questions about mental health care? You're not alone. Despite solid proof that good mental health care can greatly improve both physical health and quality of life, managed care systems have made mental health care a low priority. Without easy access to professional advice from psychologists and psychiatrists, most of us turn to the Internet or the news media for information about mental health-and what a confusing, seemingly endless jumble that can be!
Now, at last, you can stop guessing about mental health care. Getting Help is a clear and comprehensive guide that will answer all of your questions about mental health conditions, practitioners, and treatments. Equipped with this resource, you'll be in a powerful position to take control of your own mental health care and the care of the people you love.
- Everything you need to know about:
- The symptoms and characteristic of common mental health conditions
- Different types of mental health professionals and the services they offer
- Psychotherapeutic and medical treatment methods
- How to choose an approach that is just right for a particular mental health issue